Friday, April 22, 2011

Spring is in the Air!

Spring has finally arrived (ok, it arrived a few weeks ago, but I didn’t write then, so now I am)! The trees and plants are blossoming all around me. The new spring fragrances are so strong they surprise me every time I pass by an orange tree. I went to the Alcazar (a palace) and its gardens with my sister, my parents, and Adam when they were all here visiting me, and everything was so beautiful. I loved seeing the fresh buds and flowers that are starting to grow.

Now this week it's been cool and rainy almost the whole week, but in the weeks that my parents and Adam were here it was hot hot hot! Almost too hot for me, since all of you know I am a cold-and-snowy kind of gal. However, the hot weather made me miss a few things from back home. One of the biggest things is driving my own car. I miss being in the driver's seat and singing at the top of my lungs, being alone, long relaxing drives, driving fast, and having the windows open! I can't wait to have my car again (though I LOVE not paying for gas or insurance, and being able to walk everywhere)!

I also really miss going to Grand Haven with friends and family. Eating ProntoPups, walking to the lighthouse, swimming in the waves. I have of course gone to the beach numerous times here, and it has always been hot and fun and with good friends, but sometimes it's just not the same as home.

And one more things: bonfires and s'mores. Mmm I can't wait to have a fire on the beach and roast hotdogs and s'mores!

I've included some pictures of the beautiful spring in Sevilla. You can all bask in the gloriousness that is Sevilla. Yes, I absolutely love living here.

Blossoming trees like these are all over Sevilla! Some are plain 
white, but they all smell great and are beautiful!

I came across newlyweds taking their wedding pictures on 
my way to the city center one day! I love her wrap haha

Oranges away!! In the spring the orange trees are harvested. Spain is COVERED in orange trees. They are seriously EVERYWHERE. The downside is though that you can't eat any of the oranges. I tried it once when I was a sophomore in college and it was my first time in Europe. Some friends and I thought it would be amazing to be homeless or poor in a country that has millions of oranges growing everywhere that you could take for free. So we picked some and tried to eat them. Yuck! They are even more sour/bitter than a lemon!! They are terrible!
But they don't go to waste. They're harvested and sent off to be used in lotions, 
makeup, and other things. Good to know that nothing in God's creation is wasted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment