Sunday, April 17, 2011

Let's Catch Up

Hello all!

I am finally getting back into the swing-of-things with my blog. There will be many posts to come as I have so much I want to share with all of you.

These last two or three months have been a whirlwind of visitors, trips, and exciting new experiences. I will start with the most recent and work backwards in following posts (to try to keep them shorter haha). 

Adam came to visit me! I was so excited! We had been apart for three and a half months (ever since New Year's), so his visit had been long-anticipated. He arrived three hours late due to having to transfer airports in New York, but thankfully arrived safe and sound. We spent the first couple of days together being lazy and watching movies (though he was still active in running every day. He's training for the Cleveland Marathon!).

He came with me to school one day and my favorite class threw him a huge party! There was so much food, especially Easter treats. It was so fun. After school that day we toured the Cathedral and had lunch down in the city center. Then we packed and hopped on a plane to the Canary Islands!

We went to Tenerife for four days. Our hostel was 5 minutes away from the beach, and right by the boardwalk. Every night we went to a different restaurant and tried new foods. Our first night there we went to a nice Italian restaurant right on the beach, and instead of ordering a full meal we ended up with a delicious cheese platter and the best red wine we've ever had....and most expensive, but that's beside the point. :P

We also went to a big water park and spent the day riding rides and diving into waves in the wave pool. We had perfect weather during our whole trip, and it was fun to explore the island together. We drank some fun island drinks, worked on our tans, and just over all had a really nice, relaxing time.

When we arrived back to Sevilla we only had a few days left to cram everything in that I wanted to show Adam. We went to Isla Magica, an amusement park here in Sevilla, the Real Alcazar (royal palace with beautiful gardens), city center, Triana (we ran out of time for my old neighborhood, Los Remedios though *sigh*), ate at many different tapas restaurants, had gelato every day (of course!), ate chocolate con churros, went through the Torre de Oro (Golden Tower), a flamenco show, my favorite place in all of Sevilla - the Plaza de España, the Parque de Maria Luisa (a park), and everything else you can possibly do in Sevilla. He got to meet some of my friends out here too! It was such a fun trip, and so wonderful to be together again. Thankfully now we only have two more months apart until we're back in the same country!

Here are some pictures of yet another glorious adventure of Adam and Rachel. :) The rest of the pictures are on my facebook if you would like to view more. Enjoy!

Meeting Adam at the airport in my new dress (I had to try and look nice for him!) 
and us on top of the Cathedral

In Tenerife, and with our cheese platter and wine

We got a "pedicure" by fishing eating the dead skin off of our legs and feet. They LOVED Adam's feet haha. We also put another love-lock on a bridge - this time on Triana's Bridge (our first love-lock is on the Alexander Bridge in Paris)

On top of the Torre de Oro and at the Plaza de España

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! you went to the islas canarias con tu novio?!?! CELOSA! jaja, it looks like it was absolutely FABULOUS and magical and I'm so glad for you two!

    Oh espana... como lo echo de menos!

    ReplyDelete